Friday, November 25, 2011

Catching Up With Juday

15 October 2011

THE PICTURE of one-year old Lucho graces the cover of Yes! magazine. The first son of Ryan Agoncillo and Judy Ann Santos is, indeed, on his way to being a celebrity, if he isn’t already.And without him knowing it.

A couple of months ago, we caught up with Judy Ann Santos during an intimate press conference hosted by Johnson & Johnson Philippines for her then new endorsement of Johnson’s Baby Milk Bath at the EDSA Shangri-La Hotel. Shewas wearing a turquoise blue wrap-around dress, accentuating her now slim figure. She was her bubbly self, gushing about the joys of motherhood and revealing with enthusiasm just how fun and amazing and overwhelming it is to be a mom.


Photos by ROB CARINO

The use of such adjectives alone truly prove just how happy Judy Ann is in her newest and most favorite role ever: Mother.

“Now that I’m already a mom, I find it hard to leave the house and spend time away from my loved ones,” she quips. “I never thought that I had this side of me who wants to just stay home and become a mother.”

Juday, as she is endearly called, made these interesting revelations during the said press conference.

“One thing I have realized about being a mom is you don’t get tired,” she continues. “Not because you’re not allowed to get tired but because for some reason, you seem to have packed a lot of energy just by knowing that you have kids to take care of, that you have your husband to take care of.”

Currently, Juday is seen hosting Junior Master Chef aired Saturdays at ABS-CBN’s Channel 2. Of course, you see her every now and then on TV and on print as she and her family endorse various products aside from Johnson’s Baby Milk Bath.

She is definitely back in harness in between breathing, marriage and motherhood. Projects in store for her include a movie teamup with husband Ryan in an entry to the Metro Manila Film Festival; and with dance prince Coco Martin early next year.

Now, check out the following as Juday shares her current life –

Cooking Mama.“Before I started Junior Master Chef, I went back to Culinaryschool to do my internship. At that time, I needed to do something for myself. I didn’t finish formal education but completing my culinary studies is really an achievement for me. Prior to this, I had set aside my career for six months and enrolled in a culinary school. I said to myself then that if I don’t do this now, I won’t be able to do it anymore. Now, I am confident when it comes to food and cooking and I love the feeling that people actually come up to me and ask me about it and not about crying, not about acting. It used to be that when people asked me, ‘Juday how do you this?’ I’d go ‘wait a minute,we google it.’ But now the information comes out from me naturallyand with this learning, I am able to show people that there are other things I can do aside from acting.

Kids Update. “Yohan is now in in Grade I and she already asks a lot of questions but she’s a good kid and she listens when you explain to her why she should or should not do this or that. I do the tutoring but I told Ryan, he will have to take over after Grade I because her lessons are becoming harder. I teach her proper hygiene and Ryan takes care of the activities she does after school like sports and video games. She has also learned swimming on her own. Ryan just guided her and now she can do lapses already. Hindi namanyungprofessional swimming na may kung anomangstrokes naginagawabut she stays afloat. And Lucho is really amazing and he’s hyper already and smiles a lot. Some of our friends told us to baby-proof the house but we bought him a helmet instead and he likes it. Most of the time, I find myself smiling when I look at my kids and sometimes, I just can’t believe it.Both Yohanand Lucho like cars, maybe because their dad is into racing. And when Ryan has a race, we’re all there full force as his support team.”

Memorable Moments.“Lucho’s first time to stand up is a memorable milestone for me. But my favorite milestone is when he dances. Whatever he’s doing, when his dad sings, he dances. Of course, the traditional stuff like close-open,mgakuyakuy, we love it when he does them.The first timeRyan and I saw Luchostand up, maluha-luha kame. And he also has this habit when I come home from taping, even when he’s sleeping, he’d wake up, come up to me and we’d sleep together namagkayakap. Parangsinasabiniyang‘matagalkangnawalasaarawna ‘to ditokamuna.’

Bonding Time.“Bonding time is bath time. Yohan and Luchoboth love making bubbles and they love playing with their milk soap and with water. They are very comfortable while taking a bath. I enjoy bath time simplybecause it gives me my zen. I love hearing the music of their laughter, even their shrieks, and I feel like a kid again playing with them.”

Life With Ryan. “Ryan is very supportive in my new role as mom, especially when I just gave birth. We had to bring home a nurse from the hospital because at that time, Luchowas on dextrox. So we had this radio monitor installed and every time Lucho would cry even in the middle of the night, Ryan would wake up and stay with us. He makes his presence felt and he is such an effective support system. It’s really overwhelming. During our talks, Ryan and I would say how lucky we are that companies have trusted us to promote their brands. We’re always thankful for the blessings.”

New Learnings.“I have learned that when you’re a mother, you are faced with decisions that will have a huge bearing on our family and children. When choosing brands for my kids, I’m very careful because both my kids have very sensitive skin. I think it’s really important that you have to try the product first, and to actually ask your pediatrician if it’s safe. But for me, I tried and tested Johnson’s Baby Milk Bath long before I became a mom and there’s no need to consult my pediatricianabout it because I knowit’s clinically proven with 100% pure milk protein and it’s hypoallergenic.”

Mom Must-Do.“Three things I must do as a mother? First, I want to be the one to prepare Lucho’s meals for the day, which should be vegetables and fruits or a combination. I make sure that when I am away at work, he is fed properly. Second, with regards to Yohan, it’s important that I talk to her at night, ask her what she likes to bring to school the following day. And during the moments that we’re together, we talk about her school stuff and other activities. I also make it a point that she gets the right nutrients from the food she’s eating. I make sure shedrinks fresh orange juice or fresh vegetable juice everydayto give herenergy while in school. Third, I must bring them to church. It should be all of us going to church together. If there are timeswhen Ryan can’t be with us because of work, it should still be me who brings them. I am the one who teaches them to pray before we eat or even before I give Lucho a bath, I teach him to make the sign of the cross. These are things that I should be the only one doing it for them. I don’t want to have that guilt factor later, saying dapatakogumawanyan, eh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment